Friday, April 1, 2011

Success - it does a body good

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.   I heard this at my Weight Watchers (WW) meeting today.  I figure I’d say it differently.  For me, nothing tastes as good as SUCCESS feels!   And today, oh boy has it been successful.  I weighed in this morning and reached a milestone.  I got my 10% weight loss key chain!!!  10% of me is gone, missing, lost, and I’m never going looking for it, that’s for sure. 

I have to admit that having the stomach flu probably contributed to the loss – not being able to eat for a couple of days will do that to you.  But on the other hand, I’m back on track, satisfied with less, feeling great about me and I’m active.  HOW COOL IS THAT???

I have to give credit to Urbanmommies.com and their mommyfit2011 challenge.  With this I was lucky to receive the Total Body Revolution (TBR) package and this has helped immensely with getting me active.  After all, to move the fat off, one has to actually get moving, right?    Because the TBR program fits so perfectly with my WW program, by using their menus I was both sticking the WW plan and getting a chance to try new things.  Their menus are great and I’m eating stuff I wouldn’t have before (hello spinach, my new friend).

If you do the math, and I’m sure some of you will, you should be able to ball park my starting weight.  I’ve decided not to worry about it anymore. That’s the me that used to be.  The new me, she’s changing rapidly into the person I truly want to be.    I’ll share something with you, now that I’m at my first really big milestone, though.   I read an article about Hugh Jackman – you know, the Australian hunk, I mean actor?  In preparation for his Wolverine role he was told he had to gain weight.  The man was eating 6,000 calories a day because his 210 pound frame wasn’t ‘big’ enough. I read that and cringed.  I weighed more than him.  Yeah, so not cool or attractive when you put it in that context.  Trust me, that was one driving force in my route to change.

Honestly, I’d not truly noticed the changes in me.  I felt like the same size six girl I was in college, but year after year the pounds creeped on.  It was so slow that I barely saw it happen.  But lately, looking at pictures, I am astounded at how much I’ve changed.  I don’t want to be the woman in the pictures – I want to be the girl I remember.  I had a long talk with myself and decided that being a strong and healthy woman, who could be any size that made her feel that way, was my plan.  I still have no end goal – just a plan to lose an average of a pound a week for a year.  When I get close to that 52 pounds, no matter how long it takes, I’ll evaluate what a healthy goal weight will be for me. 

But for today I’m celebrating!  I felt better so I went to my spa day where I was pampered at Spa Utopia with a massage, facial, pedicure and manicure.  It was an amazing day, perhaps even better because of the awful week I’d had.  I feel like a wet noodle but in a good way.   Dinner is mostly courtesy of M&M meats as I feel like pretending I’m at a restaurant.  Won ton soup (fairly low in points) salmon, beans, a little rice and …. 1 crème brulée.  My big treat for the week.  I’ll savour every tiny spoonful.  Why?  Because life is to be enjoyed and I’m learning that everything, in moderation, is good.

2 comments:

  1. YEA Jackie! So proud of you keeping up with this through all the craziness of the renovation and kids and job and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME....CONGRATS.....YOU CAN DO IT.....

    ReplyDelete