Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creating Change - both body and home

Where, oh where, does the time go?   A few things have happened since my last post, that's for sure.  The biggest, I think, is that I turned 44.  Yep, 44.  I'm definitely one of those 'older' mommies.  It is said that having children later in life is good as you are more patient and you've gotten your life together, etc.  I'm not sure who said that.  I can vouch for having impatient days and I'm one who struggles with organization.   I suppose in the general realm of things, though, having a bit more life experience does have its perks. The downside?  I've not got the energy of a younger mom.  But I'm working on that!  With every pound I lose and every workout I make it through, I know I'm changing this body into one that will serve me better.  I've gotta keep up with my kids, after all!

I saw changes when we went out for my birthday. I ordered healthy things off the menu and made it through a breakfast buffet with great choices.  I was satisfied with things I'd never have chosen before taking part in the Mommyfit2011 challenge.  How wonderful is that?  It's definitely opened my horizons to some new food choices and to seeing the benefit of exercise.

Our reno continues.  We've had setbacks with illness and just plain scheduling overload, but it's nearly done!  I need a shower put in, the closet organizer added, and then it's just mouldings and touch ups.  How exciting is that?  Once we are done, I will share the big reveal here.   This is the fun part -where I get to make it pretty.  I've got lots of ideas, that's for sure.  One thing I have my eye on is a clothes dryer - one that hangs from the ceiling and you can pull down the rods to add your clothes.  It's from Sundog clotheslines and is the ceiling lift that you can see if you scroll down.  I love this idea as I hang to dry most of my work clothes.  With the cost of hydro set to rise and then rise some more, I figure something like this will be a great way to save money as well as contribute to my 'greening' of my household.

With two weeks left in the Mommyfit2011 challenge I was determined to work out everyday.  What I didn't plan on was the stomach flu hitting our family.  I've been down and out for three days (ugh) but am beginning to feel better, if weak.  Here's to hoping a day in bed (with the kids at their grandparents) will help me recover quickly.   So off I head, back to bed, so that maybe by tomorrow I can get back to my Total Body Revolution workout!  While some of the workouts are really tough, I'm much much better at them than I was 6 weeks ago. And since I plan on continuing, imagine where I'll be if I do it for another 8 weeks?  Lookout summer... here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment