Friday, March 4, 2011

Catching up...

I thought I'd make a quick peak in here to say hello!  With all the craziness in my life, it's been tought to find time to post here this last week or so.  Our reno goes on - today I am sanding, sanding and sanding some more so I can wipe down the walls and get some painting done back there!  The back end of my house is a disaster - no laundry, one toilet missing, just, well, blech!  But - there is light at the end of the tunnel now! 

I cannot wait to get this done and to get into a big spring cleaning mode.  My house is a mess with things just having nowhere to roost at the moment. When the reno is done - I'll put away some of it and let go of the rest.  I can't wait!  That's the part I like - putting it back together.

With all this clutter, it's hard to stay focussed and it shows in my not working out a few times this week.  I have discovered that getting up at 4:30 am is NOT going to work for me.  I did plan to do my workout last night and then prep walls, but life had another twist - we had no power!  Nada, nothing. anywhere around us.  So no walk, either as it was  pitch black out there.  So today I work hard, I'll workout hard then work hard some more.

My big cheer came today at Weight Watchers. I popped in for a weigh-in and I was down a few more pounds!  I'm now at 13.8lbs lost. I'm thinking I can make it at least an even 15 in time for the next weigh in.  Especially if I work out hard and really focus on the food I am eating. 

My creative side is getting a little boost.  Thankfully I had my netbook charged last night, so I did some work on my writing in anticipation of tomorrow.  I'm heading out to a writer's workshop and have an appointment for a 10minute chitchat with a romance editor who will critique my first three pages of my novel.  Cool!  So, as you can imagine, I was editing it to death last night and still looking for better direction for the characters so I could give a really quick overview of the story.   I'm excited about getting out there tomorrow, that's for sure.  It will be a good shot in the arm of motivation for me to get back to working on my juicy romance!

In case you were wondering - I was up a pound last week at my weigh in (I didn't post it).  But the next day I was way down which left me wondering. I figure it was from the flights and being sick and once I was rested and hydrated my body went back to normal.  So hey - remember that the scale is only a moment  in time and things change!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie - you are Superwoman! Not that you wanted to be...but wow, I got my workout just from reading your post! lol Seriously...house renovation, exercising, chasing after little ones, working outside the home, traveling, and writing...that's a lot to take on all at once. Don't forget to take some time just to sit and breathe deep.

    ReplyDelete