As you may know, today will be a very tough day in our house as we share our last moments with our beloved dog, Kobe. We have a vet appointment at 2pm. I'm not sure how much I'll get done today, but I decided to stick with it since, for me, the best way to work through things is to get busy. Writing helps me gain perspective, so I expect I'll do a few blog posts along the way about all of this. I do plan to write one all about Kobe - from the moment we found her to the end.
On a lighter note, I have spent the last couple of weeks making lists of whatever I thought might be useful. So here are my goals:
- Blog schedule - what and when do I want to post on my blog
- Layout - figure out what works best for me
- Pre-write some posts
- Learn more about google+ and circles
- read some of the articles I've bookmarked about blogging
- look for ways to connect with other bloggers (and lo and behold that's a mini-challenge!! how perfect!)
- sponsor ideas
- write up a sponsorship pitch for a review/giveaway idea I have in mind with a local company
- set up a facebook account to accompany my blogging
- clean up my email and create files/rules to keep it running more smoothly
- Make a bit list of potential blogging topics for those days nothing comes to mind
- Look into CRA policies. I'm a writer -both blogging and fiction and I need to get into the mindset of writing as a business and learn what records to keep etc as I'm slowly getting some compensation this year and need to account for that as well as my expenses.
- Pinterest - explore a little further. I had meant to sign up this weekend but um.. I got excited and went ahead early.
- Ensure I have a post for the Great Canadian Blog Bash on Tuesday
It's a big list, I know, but I have faith I can get A LOT done. I've got help - my husband is handling the birthday party the boys are going to on Sunday so I've got a lovely stretch of alone time there. And my two little guys know I'm working this weekend and we've picked out a couple of movies for them to watch and they are excited about them. A few more hours of quiet time! And because of Kobe, my Mom and Dad are taking the boys overnight tomorrow to make it a happier day for them. We do have dinner at my parents on Saturday - but that leaves me a day alone since my husband will go some alone time for himself, too.
I plan to turn this sad weekend into a positive and to think about happy thoughts and great things. My boys need that - to know it's just part of life to move on, and to know that everything will be ok. There will also be much snuggling and cuddling while they are awake since I like to stay up late.
I don't expect much to be done this morning - but you will find me at my desk all night! The keys might get a little wet, but I'll work through it. :-)