Friday, March 9, 2012

Let it Go, Let it Go, Let it Go

I've got the oddest feeling I've said that before.  Over the past month or so I've been busy culling the excess around here.  While it still looks a bit like a toy factory (thank you Lego, you are everywhere!) I've actually gotten rid of about 10 Rubbermaid bins of kid's stuff.  I've removed the toys they didn't play with and even with the stuff I planned to rotate for them, the kids have only missed a couple of things.   We still need some lessons in tidying up after ourselves, but they are young and they are learning.  I've even gotten in on the act by going through my buckets of stuff I had to 'get to' eventually.  I've sorted all but a little basket out and either put it away or have gotten rid of it.  

The impetus now is a kid's swapmeet on April 14th.  I'll be going through clothes and making sure anything that doesn't fit gets taken there, too. 

I have to say it feels good knowing I'm letting go of this stuff.  While it's still technically here, the fact it's removed from inside my home (it's in the garage and the crawlspace) means I don't have to trip over it. 

Next up - getting organized with some better routines!   Menu planning and keeping up with the basics are my next target.  The Goal?  Lower the grocery bill (which is much too big - coupons also need to be used where they can and not forgotten at home!) and take back my weekends.  No more catching up all weekend long while missing out on the fun that families should have.  It's not easy with our long hours, but it can be done.  It just takes a little motivation.

I have to brag, too.  I cleaned out my pantry a week or so ago.  It's officially the nicest spot in the house.  I like it so much I wanted to put a chair in that cupboard so I could sit in there and just feel the awesomeness of it's organization! 

Just a note,  - in April I'll be hosting a fabulous giveaway for a product I know will come in more than handy for those of you with kids!  stay tuned!  (how's that for teasing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment